Green Energy Option Program
The Green Energy Option Program (GEOP) is one of the four mechanisms under the Renewable Energy Act (RA 9513), which empowers eligible customers to choose a purely renewable energy resource to meet their energy requirements.
The following customers are qualified for GEOP:
- All existing customers with a monthly average peak demand of ≥ 100 kW and above for the past twelve (12) months.
- New customers (less than 12 months) with either:
- Estimated monthly average peak demand of ≥ 300kW for the next 12 months; or
- Estimated monthly average peak demand from 100kW to 300kW for the next twelve (12) months and has a registered historical monthly peak demand of at least 100kW for three (3) consecutive months.
Qualified Green Energy Option End-Users will be notified monthly through their billing statement. The notice will inform the customer that they can choose their preferred Renewable Energy Supplier and learn more by visiting www.erc.gov.ph.
Interested customers will then inform their Distribution Utility (DU) of their intent to join GEOP to provide adequate time for the preparations to switch to the GEOP market.
Designed for end-users who are advocates of sustainability
Chance to contribute to the development and use of renewables in a least-cost and sustainable manner
Energy needs will be supplied by 100% renewable sources
Consumer empowerment: the power of choice
Green Energy End-Users need to take note of the following activities prior to contracting with an RE supplier:
- Update your customer information
To update your customer information with us, email firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch with your Biz Partner Manager.
- Settle all financial obligations
Be sure all financial obligations with the DU has been settled. Check if your prospective RE Supplier requires you to pay a deposit before shifting to their services.
- Align operations with RE Supplier
Review your billing cycle as this must be on the 25th of the month to 26th of the following month. Ensure your business operations are aligned with your RE Supplier’s service pricing offer.
For more details on GEOP, visit the Energy Regulatory Commission website.
- An introduction to GEOP
- Switching to the GEOP Market
- After switching to the GEOP Market